Position: Temporary Transportation Technologist (ASE) (Click for full post)
Employer: Town of Ajax by the Lake
Closing Date: September 17, 2022
Reporting to the Manager of Transportation Planning, you will be responsible for ensuring municipal traffic controls associated with the Town’s Automated Speed Enforcement (ASE) Program are in place to facilitate safe and efficient vehicular movement and to ensure that the Town is monitoring and maintaining the program in accordance with municipal and legislated requirements. The position is responsible for responding to resident complaints and inquiries regarding the ASE program. Other responsibilities include:
- Carry out analyses and studies concerning the effectiveness of the Town’s ASE Program and associated traffic controls, analyze the merit and appropriateness of the ASE program and help identify where the implementation of traffic calming measures may be required
- Develop and coordinate a data collection program and utilize equipment to collect data for areas ASE is deployed
- Review and process traffic related complaints and enquiries through direct response, provide instructions to other departments and/or agencies as well as prepare reports and recommendations to Council for their direction and/or by-law endorsement
- Three (3) year College diploma in Transportation Engineering Technology or Civil Engineering Technology or a combination of education and experience deemed equivalent
- Five (5) years of relevant experience with experience and knowledge in traffic data analysis and Automated Speed Enforcement, liaising with Council, Technical Committees, Agencies and the public
- Excellent technical ability: working with computers, spreadsheets and word processing, traffic counters and survey equipment, AutoCAD, plotter, GIS
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with a strong emphasis on customer service
- Excellent organization, time management and administrative skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Valid G driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
- Ability to provide a current criminal record check that is satisfactory to the Town of Ajax, upon being hired.
Hours of Work / Rate of Pay
This 18-month contract position is a non-union position that works a 35 hour work week.
$37.95 per hour ($69,069 per year)
How to Apply
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please go to the Town of Ajax website at www.ajax.ca/careers. The closing date for this position is 11:59 p.m. on September 17, 2022.