Position: Transportation Technologist (click for full posting)
Employer: Town of Ajax
Closing Date: July 17, 2022
Reporting to the Manager of Transportation Planning, the Transportation Technologist is accountable for evaluating, recommending and implementing municipal traffic controls to facilitate safe and efficient vehicular and pedestrian movement.
Key Duties (see detailed job posting-link above):
- Conducts analyses and studies concerning the effectiveness of existing municipal traffic controls, analyzes the merit and appropriateness of traffic calming and implements traffic calming measures where required.
- Develops and coordinates a data collection program and utilizes equipment to collect in-field transportation data.
- Completes the rotation of regulatory Automated Speed Enforcement signage.
- Utilizes AutoCAD to complete designs of Traffic Calming measures and Active Transportation facilities.
- Assists with the review of development applications including traffic management plans, site plans and subdivision applications.
- Inspects the installation of traffic control measures in development for compliance with the approved plans, design standards and specifications prior to road assumption.
- Assists with the review and response to traffic related (traffic control, parking restrictions, speeding, school safety, etc.) complaints and enquiries from residents or Council through direct response, instructions to staff, other departments and or agencies.
- Assist in preparing reports and recommendations to Council for their direction and/or bylaw endorsement.