Position: Transportation Engineer (click for full posting)
Employer: City of Richmond Hill
Closing Date: February 11, 2022
Reporting to the Manager, Transportation, the Transportation Engineer is primarily responsible for the review of transportation, parking and noise studies, transportation designs submitted in support of development applications submitted to the City. The Transportation Engineer will serve as an expert witness at OLT (formerly LPAT/OMB) hearings.
Key Duties and Responsibilities (more details in link above) :
- Review transportation, parking and noise studies, transportation designs submitted in support of development applications.
- Review and comment on road configuration, functional design and alignment plans submitted as part of the subdivision and other development applications to determine adherence to standards and guidelines.
- Make comments and recommendations regarding transportation improvements and mitigation measures required to approve the developments.
- Prepare for and appear at Ontario Land Tribunal mediations or hearings as an expert witness on traffic and parking study matters.
- Undertake functional design studies which assess the road improvement requirements, costs and feasibility.