Copies can be purchased through Publications Ontario by visiting the following link
https://www.publications.serviceontario.ca/pubont/servlet/ecom/ and entering
“Ontario Traffic Manual Book #7″ into the search bar.
- To download the new 2022 Office Edition of OTM Book 7, click HERE
- To download the old version of OTM Book 7, click HERE
- For more information, click here: Book 7 Training
Book 7 Training – FULL DAY SESSION (8AM-3PM):
For the past 20 years, the Ontario Traffic Council has provided one of the most affordable OTM Book 7 Training courses to individuals working in temporary conditions on Ontario roads and highways. Whether you are a municipal worker, municipal contractor staff or private sector worker, receiving OTC Book 7 certification will help protect you and your company. Workplace injuries can be costly for a company with penalties for neglecting health and safety policies, processes and training, which can include fines and even jail time. Even worse – life altering workplace injuries and deaths can devastate individuals, family, friends and communities.
Book 7 training FAQs are available HERE
FOR REGISTRATION, PLEASE CLICK HERE
|IN-PERSON or VIRTUAL Course Fees|
|OTC Member||Non Member|
|$229 + HST||$329 + HST|
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY –
OTC’s cancellation policy has been amended temporarily to provide flexibility for in-person events due to COVID-19.
- Should a registrant decide to cancel attendance at an in-person event based on concerns around health or travel during the COVID-19 situation, or cancel attendance to an online event, OTC will provide a credit to the registrant. Rescheduling to another event will be charged an admin fee of $75. Substitutions within 2 business days at no cost.
- If a registrant would like to cancel and require a refund, the registration fee less 50% will be refunded.
- If OTC must cancel an event, a full refund will be issued to registrants.
OTM Book 7 Consultants Training (Virtual) – PRIVATE SESSION (8AM-12PM):
The Ontario Traffic Council through our training partnership with the Ontario Traffic Control Contractor’s Association has developed a half day OTM Book 7 training program for transportation consultants and traffic and multi-modal transportation engineers, planners, designers, and technologists.
This course is ideal for consultants and municipal staff who are required to perform duties within a temporary condition construction zone (not directly responsible for developing the temporary condition traffic control plan or in implementing it). This course will help you understand the health and safety requirements on municipalities and contractors to protect you and your peers within a temporary condition as identified through OTM Book 7.
This ½ day virtual or in-person training is available to groups of 15 to 30 employees and will cover topics including:
- Introduction to Traffic Control
- Manuals and Standards
- OTM Book 7
- Traffic Protection Plan
- Road Work Duration
- Temporary Traffic Control Zone
- Traffic Control Devices
- Markers, Spacing and Requirements
- Installation and Removal of the Traffic Control System
- Pedestrian Concerns
Please note that a minimum group size of 15 employees is required to run a course with a maximum of 30 individuals per session. Additional costs may be required for sessions held outside of south-central Ontario.
To inquire about available dates or to register your staff group please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Member||$159 + HST|
|Non Member||$199 + HST|