Consider this challenging opportunity with the Ministry of Transportation to use your traffic engineering and project management expertise to provide leadership in the areas of traffic operations and safety.
NOTE: Effective April 1, 2022, the correct salary range for this position will be $70,119 to $101,036 per year in compliance with AMAPCEO collective agreement provisions.
OPS Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility, and Anti-Racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario’s Human Rights Code. Refer to the application instructions below if you require a disability-related accommodation.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
- Provide technical expertise and leadership to ensure the delivery of high-quality traffic engineering services related to the planning, design, construction, corridor management, maintenance and operation of provincial highways of various complexities, for an area within West Region
- Provide expert technical consultation and advisory services to internal and external clients on traffic engineering issues
How do I qualify?
- The position requires the successful candidate to have a valid class G driver’s licence or equivalent. The offer of employment is conditional upon the successful candidate providing proof that they have a valid driver’s licence upon being hired.
- You have knowledge of, and demonstrated experience in, traffic engineering theories, principles and practices related to traffic safety and operations, signing, pavement markings and illumination, traffic control signals and systems, construction staging, traffic impact assessment, traffic data collection, traffic/engineering software, intelligent transportation systems (ITS) and traffic simulation modelling, to provide input into planning, design and assessment of traffic impacts and operations
- You have the ability to interpret and apply government policies, procedures and guidelines, and relevant legislation and standards related to traffic engineering (e.g. Highway Traffic Act, Ontario Traffic Manuals)
Leadership and Project Management Skills:
- You have project management and group leadership skills (including prioritization, budgeting, scheduling, coordination and negotiation skills) to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to plan, organize and prioritize project requirements
Communication, Advisory, Presentation and Interpersonal Skills:
- You are able to discuss and convey issues and provide recommendations
- You are able to respond to inquiries and resolve technical issues, prepare reports, and project plans and formulate recommendations
- You are able to convince stakeholders to accept alternative solutions to traffic management problems
- You can recommend policies, procedures and systems enhancements
- You are able to establish effective working relationships with project planning teams and consultants
- Research, Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills:
- You are able to investigate traffic engineering issues, assess risks, evaluate options for mitigation, and make recommendations on complex traffic engineering issues
Salary Range: $69,425 – $100,036 Per Year
- 1 Permanent, 659 Exeter Rd, London, West Region
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 193429, by Friday, March 10, 2023. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.