Employer: The City of Cambridge
Closing date: Sept. 25
The City of Cambridge has an opening for a Traffic Engineering Technologist in the Community Development Department – Engineering & Transportation Services Division available immediately. Reporting to the Manager of Transportation Engineering, the following duties will apply:
What you will be doing:
- Review, analyze, and make recommendations related to transportation and parking issues/concerns from the general public, senior management, other agencies and Council.
- Coordinate, deliver and develop solutions for the City’s Traffic Safety and Speed Management programs.
- Coordinate the City’s Data Collection program (speed studies, turning movement counts, collision data), includes contract management and updating all required data in TES and data analysis.
- Coordination of the City’s Speed Awareness and Road Safety programs.
- Prepare Council reports and update Traffic and Parking By-laws.
- Regular correspondence through written and verbal communications.
- Represents the city at various meetings and committees.
- Administration of the City’s Crossing Guard program including coordinating coverage, studies, and contract management).