Closing Date: June 19, 2023
WSP is currently seeking a Traffic Analyst to join the Transportation Planning Department, in our Oakville office. This position includes involvement in a broad range of traffic engineering and transportation planning projects.
• Compiling and analyzing transportation data;
• Undertaking transportation studies, including travel demand forecasting and evaluating transportation options;
• Liaising with team members, clients, and the public;
• Preparing reports and preparing and presenting presentations;
• Assisting at public meetings;
• Other duties as assigned/required.
• Post-secondary education in Civil Engineering, Transportation Planning or a related field from an accredited university;
• PEO designation would be an asset;
• Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and in a team environment;
• Three to five years of previous experience in transportation planning is desirable;
• Skills and experience in transportation planning and traffic engineering; specifically travel demand forecasting, traffic operations analysis, and safety analysis;
• Skills and experience in traffic simulation modelling and travel demand modelling (e.g. Synchro, EMME 4, VISSIM, Aimsun);
• Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing; including the ability to prepare and present complex technical reports, research and analysis;
• Ability to develop analysis tools, applications, and macros using computer programming (e.g. VBA, Python, C#, etc.) would be an asset.