Employer: City of Cambridge
Job type: Temporary, approximately 10 months
Closing date: Sept. 1
About the position:
- Works collaboratively with the Region of Waterloo and Grand River Transit and identifies, plans, and implements transit and transportation demand management (TDM) initiatives with the objective of facilitating increased use of transit, encourage Transit Oriented Development (TOD), and ultimately accelerate implementation of Stage 2 Light Rail Transit.
- Provides leadership in the development and implementation of strategic TDM and TOD programs and initiatives for the City of Cambridge; develops annual TDM Strategy and work plans.
- Advocates the benefits of sustainable and active transportation in the community and pursues participation in programs and initiatives.
- Develops and maintains partnerships with local, regional, provincial, federal agencies, employers and private organizations related to TDM and TOD initiatives; liaises with various committees such as the Cambridge Cycling Focus Group.
- Provides professional and technical advice and input to increase transit ridership, use of active transportation and TDM measures, including addressing challenges in accommodating active transportation such as walking and cycling and transit within road right-of-ways and roadway operations.