Position: Senior Engineer (click for full posting)
Employer: City of Toronto
Closing Date: July 15, 2022
Transportation Services is seeking experienced Senior Engineers to oversee the conceptual, preliminary design and implementation of safe, comfortable all ages and abilities complete streets projects across Toronto. The successful candidate(s) will work in either the Cycling & Pedestrian Projects Unit or the Capital Projects & Program Unit.
The primary responsibilities of this position will include (see detailed job posting-link above):
- Leads the planning and design of safety focused pedestrian and bikeway projects.
- Develops new guidelines and specifications, modifies established guides, and applies existing criteria in new manners to design and delivery of roadway design projects, with an emphasis on high quality bikeway, Vision Zero safety, public realm and surface transit projects.
- Develops, reviews and implements preliminary and detailed plans and cost estimates for new bikeways, public realm, Vision Zero safety, surface transit and other roadway projects.
- Supervises/directs professional engineering and technical personnel and leads multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Prepares Committee and Council reports, presentations, memoranda, Request for Proposals, Request for Quotations, contract plans, specifications and estimates for tenders, evaluates tendered bids and makes recommendations for award of contracts.
- Manages assigned projects delivery contracts and consultant assignments, ensuring effective teamwork and communication, high standards of work quality and organizational performance and continuous learning.
- Represents the Units and Division as a technical specialist at project and organizational meetings.
- Maintains relations with councillors, public, consultants, government agencies, developers, suppliers and contractors and formulates sound recommendations regarding such additions or alterations during design and construction phases.