Position: Project Manager I – Transportation Planning Coordination (click for full posting)
Employer: Regional Municipality of Halton
Closing Date: February 23, 2022
Reporting to the Supervisor of Transportation Development Review, the Project Manager I – Transportation Planning Coordination is responsible for guiding the technical review of development related applications and their impact on the Regional road network. Key undertakings include applying engineering expertise to comment on and/or coordinate external peer reviews of these submissions as necessary.
Key Duties and Responsibilities (more details in link above) :
• Undertake critical review of Regional transportation network and infrastructure impact(s) resulting from new development or alterations to the existing system including the impact of noise.
• Prepare transportation related comments for Draft Plans of Subdivisions, Site Plan Applications, Land
Dedication, Access Permits, Encroachment Permits, etc.
• Comment on transportation planning studies (Secondary Plans, Tertiary Plans, etc.) and other transportation related projects undertaken by others such as Local Municipalities.
• Undertake engineering submission reviews related to capital works with Engineering and Construction and Road Operations.
• Coordinate the technical review of “new” noise wall requirements or retrofits/upgrades/alterations to existing noise walls associated with the Regional transportation network.
• Represents the Region on inter-municipal and inter-regional committees.
• Assists in the development of transportation procedures and policies as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned.