Position: Membership and Communications Coordinator (click for full posting)
Employer: Ontario Traffic Council
Closing Date: June 15, 2022
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Membership and Communications Coordinator is responsible for the development and implementation of membership and communications plans, the coordination, administration and implementation of OTC communications and membership information including the promotion of membership value to members and non-members.
Key Duties and Responsibilities (see detailed job posting-link above:
- Coordinate and manage OTC communications including emails, e-broadcasts, e-newsletter, magazine, and social media channels (existing and new).
- Draft annual communications and membership plans.
- Sets up Google Alerts for transportation-related articles. Screens monthly articles for relevance. Sets up Radar e-newsletter. Administers the e-broadcast of Radar.
- Working with the Editorial Working Group identify articles for semi-annual OTMagazine. Assign articles to OTC writers. Sell advertising to OTC members and non-members. Work with graphic designer to publish pdf magazine.
- Administer OTConnect community forum. Engage membership in registering and liaise with members to utilize OTConnect to its full value. Set up and promote groups. Write and prompt discussions and update library.
- Responds to inquiries from members and those considering membership, creates membership marketing material, promotes benefits of membership, processes new and renewing annual membership including invoicing and fee payments, corresponds with members, maintains membership database, facilitates membership communication, conducts outreach to encourage membership, conducts annual membership satisfaction survey and summarizes results for the Executive Director and Board.
- Keeps OTC website up-to-date and add new information as requested. Creates content, uploads job postings and informational materials, liaises with external service provider to troubleshoot issues.
- Administers OTC Safety Product Portal, promoting member value, updating website, and collect and administer revenues.
- Administers and monitors assigned budgets. Purchase services and supplies within limits, collaborates with Executive Director on extraordinary and capital expense and budget variances, prepares and makes bank deposits for revenues received, liaises with accountant on accounts receivable and payables, coding and other financial matters.
- Provide operational support to the Executive Director and Committee Chairs as requested. Arranges venues and amenities for meetings, confirms logistics with Chairs, attends meetings as requested. Sends meeting invitations, prepares agendas in collaboration with Chairs and takes committee minutes.
- Collaborates with Executive Director on operational infrastructure/framework for the OTC including documenting internal processes and procedures, key contacts, external service providers and associated arrangements, financial protocols, technology interfaces, electronic and hard-copy records organization and file management and other such business processes and continuity requirements.
- Builds cooperative relationships with OTC members, vendors, municipalities, private sector organizations and other associations.
- Responds to inquiries from members, prospective members, vendors, sponsors, suppliers, committee chairs and members, the President/Board/Executive, municipalities and governments/agencies and other organizations about OTC programs, services, products, events, membership, etc. Refers and/or collaborates with Executive Director on responses related to public policy and research and OTC platforms and with Membership and Communications Coordinator on membership and communication matters.