8:00 am - 4:00 pm
The OTC is offering a full-day interactive (introductory to intermediate level) Transportation Impact Study (TIS) training, led by industry experienced expert instructors. This course is an opportunity to exchange knowledge and ideas with your transportation colleagues from across Ontario in solving interactive TIS scenarios. The TIS workshop is designed to be of benefit to people with some experience preparing or reviewing TIS studies. The course is designed for municipal staffs reviewing TIS materials, and consultants who conduct and prepare TIS studies and make recommendations.
- TIS Overview
- Content of a TIS Report
- Study Area Considerations
- Study Scope
- Analysis Methods and Calibration
- Intersection and Roadway Analysis
- Travel Forecast Modeling
- Development Related Demands
- Trip Generation
- Modal Split (Multi Modal LOS)
- Trip Distribution
- Trip Assignment
- Future Analysis Scenarios
- Assessing the Impact
- Study Recommendations and Implications
This workshop will help to identify the additional traffic contribution of a particular site development and provide a basis for estimating roadway improvements attributed to a proposed development to maintain a satisfactory level of service, while ensuring that the recommendations are compatible with the local jurisdiction’s road policy.
- Sabbir Saiyed, Ph.D., P.Eng., Manager, Transportation System Planning, Region of Peel
- Mehemed Delibasic, M.Sc., P.Eng., Division Manager-Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering, McIntosh Perry Consulting Engineers Ltd.
For more information on the workshop program, click HERE
*Registration fees do not include HST.
**Participants who cancel their registration prior to two weeks before the scheduled course date are eligible for a full refund. Substitutions will be accepted up to one day prior to the course.