8:00 am - 12:00 pm
This training is being offered with in-person and virtual attendance options. For those interested in attending in-person at the Corporate Event Centre at CHSI (5110 Creekbank Rd, Mississauga, ON L4W 0A1). Please email email@example.com stating your training attendance preference. Note: OTC will revert to full virtual delivery if we are unable to meet the minimum of 12 in-person attendees.
The Ontario Traffic Council through our training partnership with the Ontario Traffic Control Contractor’s Association has developed a half day OTM Book 7 training program for transportation consultants and traffic and multi-modal transportation engineers, planners, designers, and technologists.
This course is ideal for consultants and municipal staff who are required to perform duties within a temporary condition construction zone (not directly responsible for developing the temporary condition traffic control plan or in implementing it). This course will help you understand the health and safety requirements on municipalities and contractors to protect you and your peers within a temporary condition as identified through OTM Book 7.
This ½ day virtual or in-person training will cover topics including:
- Introduction to Traffic Control
- Manuals and Standards
- OTM Book 7
- Traffic Protection Plan
- Road Work Duration
- Temporary Traffic Control Zone
- Traffic Control Devices
- Markers, Spacing and Requirements
- Installation and Removal of the Traffic Control System
- Pedestrian Concerns
For more information on Book 7 training please click HERE
FOR REGISTRATION, PLEASE CLICK HERE
REGISTRATION FEES –
|In-Person OR Virtual
(Login details for virtual session will be sent to all registrants prior to course date)
|OTC Member||Non Member|
|$159 + HST||$199 + HST|
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY –
OTC’s cancellation policy has been amended temporarily to provide flexibility for in-person events due to COVID-19.
- Should a registrant decide to cancel attendance at an in-person event based on concerns around health or travel during the COVID-19 situation, or cancel attendance to an online event, OTC will provide a credit to the registrant. Rescheduling to another event will be charged an admin fee of $75. Substitutions within 2 business days at no cost.
- If a registrant would like to cancel and require a refund, the registration fee less 50% will be refunded.
- If OTC must cancel an event, a full refund will be issued to registrants.