Position: Engineering Technologist – Traffic (click for full posting)
Employer: City of Markham
Closing Date: February 27, 2022
Reporting to the Manager, Traffic Engineering, you will be responsible for undertaking road safety
audits, analyzing data, preparing reports and making recommendations; investigating and
responding to road safety inquiries; provide support for the administration of project contracts;
assisting with the implementation of new policies; and providing technical support to meet Corporate,
Commission and Department objectives.
Please apply on-line at www.markham.ca/careers
Key Duties and Responsibilities (more details in link above) :
- Responsible for overseeing day-to-day operational issues; analysis of vehicular and
pedestrian traffic data.
- Maintain the traffic operations database (TES); conduct transportation data collection and
- Review and optimize traffic signal timing plans and networks using Synchro, SimTraffic and
- Assist the Manager in administering Markham’s traffic safety programs and initiatives,
including education, enforcement and engineering strategies.
- Assist with the school crossing guard and annual traffic count data collection programs.
- Provide support with the implementation of Active School Travel (AST) initiatives.
- Attend public, Committee and Council meetings as required; work outside regular business
hours as required.