Employer: City of Cambridge
Job type: Temporary, approximately 18 months
Closing date: Sept. 1
About the position:
The primary function of this position is to manage Active Transportation capital projects including:
- Design – prepare and review design drawings for Capital Projects, primarily Active Transportation Projects
- Project Management – manage consultants, contractors, and internal resources.
- Contract Administration and Management – preparing specifications, coordinating required permits and agreements, troubleshooting issues, project communications, supplementary instructions.
- Prepare tenders, request for proposals, quotations, purchase requisitions, coordinate with Procurement, review of submissions, recommendation for award.
- Public consultation – organize, attend and participate in Public Information Centres
- Address Council, public and stakeholder questions and comments
- Financial – manage project finances and reporting, monitor expenses, payment certificates, holdbacks, prepare cost estimates, approve deviations within budget, etc.
- 10-year Capital Program Preparation includes identifying capital projects, preparing cost estimates, prioritizing projects and entering projects into FMW