As leaders in sustainable transportation, the OTC Active Transportation Committee provides direction to the OTC membership on pedestrian and cycling issues, in particular on updates and additional guidance required for pedestrian and cycling facilities engineering, operations and management. The Committee will also advise on educational programs, information tools, and collaborative approaches related to pedestrian and cycling facilities needed by professionals and policymakers who want to make communities better for bicycling and walking, with the end goal of creating sustainable communities across Ontario.
The mission of the OTC Active Transportation Committee is to:
- Influence transportation infrastructure building practices to create a built environment that is supportive (both attractive and safe) of active transportation modes
- Grow the pedestrian and bicycle profession and its influence by facilitating the exchange of professional and technical knowledge, elevating practitioners’ skills and defining the field
- Promote the benefits of walking and cycling for both individuals and communities across Ontario.
Chair: Robert Grimwood, City of Ottawa
Vice-Chair: Fiona Chapman, City of Toronto
Daryl Bender, City of Hamilton
Nelson Cadete, City of Brampton
Roger DeGannes, MTO
Jaime Garcia, CIMA+
Jacquelyn Hayward-Gulati, City of Toronto
Yvonne Kaczor, Region of York
Dewan Karim, City of Toronto
Geoffrey Keyworth, Region of Waterloo
Dorothy Kowpak, City of Mississauga
Elysia Leung, Town of Ajax
Dave McLaughlin, MMM Group, A WSP Company
Lorenzo Mele, Region of Peel Public Health
Michelle Pinto, Region of Waterloo
Shawn Smith, Region of York
Dawn Strifler, MTO
Darryl Young, Region of Halton
- Provides an awareness of the related complexities in the parking field.
- Provides an Annual Workshop on parking issues and concerns expressed by the membership.
- Provides fellowship and information exchange for parking enforcement throughout Ontario.
Chair: George Johnstone, Toronto Police Service
Vice-Chair: Tyrone Banavage, Toronto Parking Authority
Brian Clark, J.J. MacKay Canada Ltd.
Karen Durant, Toronto Police Service
Ali Khan, City of Welland
John Mattocks, Town of Oakville
Kimberly Rossi, Toronto Police Service
Mary Sheridan, Precise Park Link
- Through its activities investigates technical matters and undertakes projects, studies, awareness or educational programs.
- Provides an Annual Workshop and a number of Traffic Control Workzone Awareness Seminars.
- The Committee is represented on organizations, agencies and task forces, which develop and promote standardization and appropriate use of traffic control devices, which include signing on highways and for roadwork operations.
Chair: Steve MacRae, Mississauga Transit
Vice-Chair: Deanna Green, City of Kingston
Stuart Anderson, BA Group
John Brousseau, Total Traffic Service
Roger DeGannes, MTO
James Delamere, Stinson Owl-Lite
Rod Edwards, Arges Training and Consulting
Doug Green, Dillon Consulting
Greg Kent, City of Ottawa
Dave Richardson, MMM Group
Joe Rocca, City of Greater Sudbury
Heide Schlegl, Town of Milton
- Deals with the diverse and growing needs of community safety serviced by police in Ontario.
- Provides an Annual Workshop focusing on Educational programmes for a safe lifestyle in Ontario.
Chair: John Crass, CIMA+
Chris Blackwood, Mohawk College
Chris Day, Cole Engineering
Dave Edwards, retired
Jeff Hyttenrauch, Ontario Police College
Sean Nix, Mohawk College
Sidra Rahimzada, City of Toronto
Mike Rosina, Toronto Police Service
Fabio Saccon, MTO
Sheyda Saneinejad, City of Toronto
Steven Schmelzle, Waterloo regional Police Service
Jack Sinopol, retired
Vince Suppa, retired
The Committee shall pursue and study timely Transportation Planning issues of interest to the OTC membership and provide educational and technical information dissemination opportunities for the same.
Chair: David Angelakis, RJ Burnside & Associates Limited
Muna Awatta, Parsons
Mehemed Delibasic, McIntosh Perry Consulting Engineers Ltd.
Manoj Dilwaria, City of Thorold
Chris Leitch, Region of Durham
Andria Oliveira, City of Brampton
Chris Pascos, MTO
Loren Polonsky, Wood
Lukasz Pawlowski, City of Toronto
Sabbir Saiyed, Region of Peel
Branko Zivkovic, MTO
Submissions for the 2019 Transportation Planning Committee Awards are now being accepted:
Submission guidelines for Transportation Planning Member of the Year Award:
OTC TP Member Award Criteria
Submission Guidelines for the Transportation Planning Project of the Year Award:
OTC TP Project Award Criteria
The Transportation Planning Awards will be presented at the OTC Annual Conference. Please contact the OTC office with any questions regarding the 2019 awards program.