Closing Date: June 19, 2023
WSP is looking for an Engineer or Technologist who is enthusiastic about collaborating on urban mobility solutions. This position will be responsible for designing various active transportation, trails and complete streets improvements. If you have a passion for active transportation, micro-mobility, complete streets, vision zero, and public transit, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you. As part of a leading multi-disciplinary firm, you will be involved in innovative projects of all sizes in across Canada and beyond.
At WSP, we work with both the public and private sectors to develop transportation solutions for all modes of transportation. The Active Transportation and Complete Streets Centre of Excellence at WSP works on cutting-edge projects that help build healthier, safer and more sustainable communities. Our Transportation Planning Department offers planning and engineering services for a full range of transportation challenges and works closely with other disciplines at WSP like municipal roads, landscape architecture and urban design, land development and environmental planning. We deliver multi-modal regional and area transportation studies, pedestrian, cycling, trails and complete streets planning and design, Transportation Demand Management (TDM), environmental assessments (EAs), safety reviews, Vision Zero strategies, shared and micro-mobility plans and more.
We offer a team-focused environment that encourages rapid career growth, flexible work arrangements, and a highly competitive benefits package. Join us and be part of a leading national professional services firm that is committed to building Great Places for Life.
• Preparation of drawings, charts, maps, graphics and other visualizations associated with transportation infrastructure projects to communicate technical results and recommendations and design modifications;
• Consultation with multiple disciplines and stakeholders including transportation/traffic engineers, planners, designers, landscape architects and public consultation specialists to resolve design challenges and provide best practices and innovative solutions;
• Conceptual, preliminary and detailed design of infrastructure solutions and related documentation, including technical memos and reports to communicate technical results and recommendations;
• Attending and participating in client and public meetings;
• Participating in field study programs (site visits, inventories, pedestrian, cycling, trail, transit, traffic, and parking counts); and
• Other duties as assigned.
• Degree in Transportation Engineering or Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology;
• Working towards P.Eng. License from the Professional Engineers of Ontario or Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) designation;
• Over 3 years of experience in the preparation of active transportation, traffic engineering / transportation drawings, reports and studies (new graduates may also be considered);
• Able to demonstrate strong technical writing and presentation skills and proficiency using Microsoft Office;
• Knowledge of best practice roadway, pedestrian and bikeway design;
• Ability to work within a busy and close-knit team environment;
• Working knowledge of ArcGIS, AutoCAD and MicroStation is desirable;
• Experience or knowledge of Synchro/SimTraffic, VISSIM would be an asset
• Experience or knowledge of Sketch-up, Lumion, Adobe Creative Suite and other visualization software would be an asset;
• Excellent attention to detail; and
• Valid Ontario driver’s license.